Friday, April 13, 2018

Does Anyone Have a Job for Me?

My eye is watering because the windows are open, and my hands are shaky because I've only had a cup of coffee this morning. But I just had this thought to write a post about my current struggle to find a job.

I currently work at a wonderful chain bookstore. I love this place. We have so many books, everyone who works there is amazing, and sometimes the customers aren't horrible. It's a really good retail job, even I live in constant fear Amazon will crush us. But it's great! However, I think it may be time to move on.

I don't want to be there forever. I'd like to never have to work another Black Friday in retail, honestly. There's a full time position open, for a department lead, but I don't think I'll take it. As much as I love the department, it's just not something I'd really like to take over. I'd really like to move out into the world and into a career field I'm truly passionate about.

But, I need money. I am about to get hit with my student loans. This thought makes me want to throw up. Anyways. The extra 20 hours and potential pay raise would be great, but honestly I don't want to spend an extra 20 hours there. I have to get out, guys. I love the people and the discounts oh so, so much. But I can't be there for much longer!

So, if anyone has a job that's creative, possibly involves writing and editing, I'm very interested. Full time preferred, will accept internship if it leads to something greater.

See, I'd like to be an editor. I love working with my peers on how to improve a story, or even just developing stories. I love sitting one on one with students and reading through their work so I can provide feedback. I love reading books, and I just want to put more books into the world!

I am a hard worker, I get along very well with people, and I have a lot of fun thoughts I can share with the world. So, please hire me. Trust me, it'll be cool. Also, I remind people of Luna Lovegood, and who doesn't want a walking, talking book character in their life?

I'd also love to be a writer. I think this is a fun activity, along with reading. I'm in a fiction class (Finally! I feel like I've spent all four years of college writing poems.), and It's making me write and be creative in a prose kind of way, and I love it. So, publish my work! It's some good stuff.

Speaking of... I do need to edit that one piece and submit it to "Word Hotel." And write my project prospectus. It's due in three days. Then write my final project. Hm. Okay.

I should also eat lunch.

I digress.

I've applied to several internships and nothing has come of it. It's very disappointing. But, it also means I'm available. Again, if you have a job or a connection to a job, please send it my way. I will apply, you will be impressed, and if you're not, please contact John Hammon, he will tell you how great I am. You'd be helping a girl who gave up her childhood dreams of being a dancer achieve her adult dreams of being a creative mind in the book world. You'd basically be the literary version of Walt Disney, I'm just saying.

My resume is attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment